Making It Fit - Your Guide To Choosing The Correct MiB Size
At Making It Big, our focus is exclusively plus and super plus size women's clothing. We make it a priority to be directly involved with the design and fit of each product we offer. To provide you with the best fit, we have created our own unique sizing system designed specifically for the plus and super plus size woman:
- Our sizes are 0X/C, 1X/D, 2X/E, 3X/F, 4X/G, 5X/H, 6X/J, 7X/K and 8X/L (24W to 48W equivalent)
- Measurements on our size chart reflect body measurements and are not the actual garment measurements
- Each size has ease built in for comfort (amount of ease will vary with style)
- Ease is a pattern making factor used to allow extra fabric so the garment will not fit tight
- Order within the range of your measurements rather than choosing a larger size
- Traditional women's sizes are included as a guideline
MEASURE TWICE, ORDER ONCE
Taking your body measurements:
- BUST: Measure around the fullest part of your breasts while wearing your usual undergarments
- WAIST: Measure at your natural waistline, at the smallest part
- HIPS: With your feet together, measure below your waistline at the fullest part
- INSEAM: Measure inside of leg from crotch to the bottom of the anklebone
The information provided in the product description of each garment includes the garment length, usually of size 5X; such as "34" long in size 5X". To determine the length of other sizes, use the following guide:
- For single sizes 0X through 7X, allow 1" between sizes for blouses and 1/4" for dresses. For example, if the length listed is "34" long in size 5X" the size 4X will be 33" long and the size 6X will be 35" long, and so on.
- The length of a MiB garment is measured from the top center back at the neckline down to the bottom center back at the hemline.
FOR PANTS THAT FIT PERFECTLY
Ordering pants in the right length can be a challenge, especially if you're short- or long-waisted. For that reason, we suggest you measure your inseam so that you can get the right fit. Measure from the top inside of your thigh to your ankle or to the place on your leg or foot that you want your pants to rest while you are standing.
- ORDER REGULAR if you are 5'5" – 5'7" or you have an inseam of 29" to 30"
- ORDER PETITE if you are 5'4" or shorter or have an inseam of 27" or less
- ORDER LONG if you are 5'8" or taller or have an inseam of 32" to 33"
MiB CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFERS PERSONALIZED SIZING ASSISTANCE
Our knowledgeable and helpful Customer Service Sizing and Fit Specialists are available at 707-795-1997 Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST to assist you in choosing the perfect garment for you. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org