Making It Fit - Your Guide To Choosing The Correct MiB Size
At Making It Big, our focus is exclusively plus and super plus size women’s clothing. We make it a priority to design based on plus size proportions not a generic “size”. We have studied the plus size women’s body for over 30 years and have created our own unique sizing system to reflect that expertise. Our fit is specifically engineered to be the best fit, feel and look for your body!
- Our sizes are 0X/C, 1X/D, 2X/E, 3X/F, 4X/G, 5X/H, 6X/J, 7X/K and 8X/L (24W to 48W equivalent)
- Measurements on our size chart reflect body measurements and are not the actual garment measurements
- Each size has ease* built in for comfort and the amount of ease with vary by style. For example, "Oversize" garments will have additional ease and offer our roomiest fit. (*EASE is a pattern making factor used to allow extra fabric so the garment will not fit tightly.)
- Order within the range of your measurements rather than choosing a larger size
MEASURE TWICE, ORDER ONCE
Taking your body measurements:
- BUST: Measure around the fullest part of your breasts while wearing your usual undergarments
- WAIST: Measure at your natural waistline, at the smallest part
- HIPS: With your feet together, measure below your waistline at the fullest part
- INSEAM: Measure inside of leg from crotch to the bottom of the anklebone
The information provided in the product description of each garment includes the garment length, usually of size 5X; such as "34" long in size 5X". To determine the length of other sizes, use the following guide:
- For single sizes 0X through 7X, allow 1" between sizes for blouses and 1/4" for dresses. For example, if the length listed is "34" long in size 5X" the size 4X will be 33" long and the size 6X will be 35" long, and so on.
- The length of a MiB garment is measured from the top center back at the neckline down to the bottom center back at the hemline.
FOR PANTS THAT FIT PERFECTLY
Ordering pants in the right length can be a challenge, especially if you're short- or long-waisted. For that reason, we suggest you measure your inseam so that you can get the right fit. Measure from the top inside of your thigh to your ankle or to the place on your leg or foot that you want your pants to rest while you are standing.
- ORDER REGULAR if you are 5'5" – 5'7" or you have an inseam of 29" to 30"
- ORDER PETITE if you are 5'4" or shorter or have an inseam of 27" or less
- ORDER LONG if you are 5'8" or taller or have an inseam of 32" to 33"
with our live representative or call our fit experts at 707.795.1997